Sunday, May 16, 2010

Zoom! Zoom!


"Move! Move! Move!
1/160 sec at f/5.0 ISO 200


Wow! what a day ... my first ever Nascar race. Those things move pretty fast, you know that?

I had a blast today at Dover (DE) Speedway for the Autism Speaks 400 Nascar race. A good friend of mine, Lawrence Williams, got tickets and invited me along to watch the races. We had excellent seats, parked pretty darn close and just had a blast shooting away. I found it to be a lot trickier than I had imagined. First, the fence is pretty high obstructing a good many shots, then the steep pitch of the track itself makes the car disappear in front of you where you have the shortest distance, then tack on the small fact they're going almost 200 miles an hour and it definitely makes for some tricky shots.  But all-in-all a definite two thumbs up adventure!

More photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment!