Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Short Schtik on Longwood



I had an opportunity to visit Longwood Gardens of Kennett Square, PA this morning.  As one of the du Pont estates, this 1,000+ acre Ponderosa of color was awash in orchids.  Opening the door to the conservatory was a hundred times better than slapping on my Old Spice cologne.  This was my first visit,  but certainly not my last.  I look forward to returning when the flowers are in full bloom and the water fountains are dancing to the celestial stars.

3 comments:

  1. Wow.. My jealousy never ends when I look at your beautiful work.

    Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, nice photos from a great photographer! Keep up the good work.
    Hope you had a chance to climb to the top of the Chime Tower while you were there.
    John Riddle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sneak peak. I've been wanting to go to Longwood but haven't made it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment!