Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Feel Terrible ...

1/160 second at f/7.1 ISO 400


... I didn't even know they were on the endangered list. As soon as I saw their plea for help, I stopped the car in the middle of the street and ran in the front doors. There I found a young man in a blue vest down on one knee holding a fallen apple. I helped him to his feet, embraced him and told him it was going to be okay, we would get through this together. He had pain written all over face, maybe because the world was toppling down around this brave young man or maybe because I was standing on his foot. In either case, I knew I had to do something. No longer could I stand on the sidelines and watch this center fall victim to whatever it is centers fall victim to. I placed a shiny new Washington dollar coin in his outstretched hand, closed his fist tightly around it and then turning to leave I waved and said, "Make me proud, Johnny."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment!