Monday, September 20, 2010

What a whirlwind ride!


"Bird's Eye View"
1/160 sec at f/11.0 ISO 80
New Castle County, Delaware



I'd never been up in a helicopter before, but before I set foot on the ground again, some 60 minutes later, I was already planning what to shoot on my next trip up. My church wanted some aerial shots of their new property and asked me if I would take them. I excitedly agreed. I've always loved flying machines; from Piper Cubs to Lear Jets, from Snoopy and the Red Baron to WWII's B-17 and even to the chopper chasing down Joe Mannix in the TV series opener. It's all good as far I'm concerned. Anyway, yesterday I got to fly around New Castle County in a helicopter and man it was fantastic. Whirlybirds rock!  (More photos to follow.)

"I never liked riding in helicopters because there's a fair probability that the bottom part will get going around as fast as the top part." - John Wittenborn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment!