Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Don't Always Do As I Do ...

Well, I thought I'd try something a little different, so I put one of my photos up for sale on that very popular, online auction. Well, guess what? It sold!

I've bought online before, but never sold anything. It was easy enough. Upload a thumbnail, set some boundaries and do your best to make it sound like no one can do without it. I opted to pay the shipping costs out of my pocket, so even that would sound more appealing. You list initially for seven days and I had no interest the first six. Then it happened .... someone starting pulling on the hook. "Let the bidding wars begin," I screamed.

What followed was .... nothing. Complete silence.

The auction ended and I had a winner. Yep, I sold my first 8"x10" mounted print ... woo hoo! Problem is I didn't set a minimum, so I sold my first print for a whopping 99 cents! Now, not only do I shell out for the color enlargement, the mounting board, the packing material, the postage, time to assemble and mail, but I have to give a percentage of the three quarters, two dimes and four pennies to PayPal for using their convenient pay system.

Bottom line ... when you venture out on the icy pond, know that sometimes you're going to fall in the chilly waters. Take note, I said "when you do" and not "if you do." Mind you, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying next time I'm going to wear hip waders!

1 comment:

  1. well just think you ()earned a valuable lesson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment!